 Administrative / General / 36
35  |  37
Subject:
Lugnet slowing down?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 17:23:14 GMT

Does it seem to anyone else that lugnet.com is being slower to
download messages?

At various times yesterday, for an hour today, and still now as I
write this I have been downloading messages. And Agent STILL says it
has 137 tasks left to complete (the good news? That number started out
over 500)

I'm not sure what is causing this.
[It is 9:50AM Pacific time]

1) My decision to download ALL the loc.* groups (forgetting that
everyone would have 2 messages in it -- Perhaps you should have
crossposted at least the Terms of Use, Todd? If you ever do a mass
post again, cross-posting this would be a Good Thing for those of us
who can deal with crossposts]
2) Load on Lugnet's servers?
3) Load on my local computer? (I WAS running other tasks
simultaneously. -- downloading mail, RTL -- I stopped. I don't see a
noticeable improvement. But maybe it's just me)

Sarah Heacock
sarah@eskimo.com