 Administrative / General / 164
Re: Lugnet slowing down?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 14:01:55 GMT

Once upon a time, sarah@eskimo.com (Perhaps a Princess....) wrote:

Does it seem to anyone else that lugnet.com is being slower to
download messages?

Posting my experiences, better late than never.

I ran into slow retrieval of messages when I used my home machine, on
a typical connection (~26K).  On my machine at work, with a fast
connection, I don't notice any slow-down.

Grabbing the headers from those darn loc.* groups really takes up the
time, too.  But I don't think it's the reason for the slow load.

Next time I run into this problem, I'll try dialing into my company's
server (from home), then grabbing messages.  Maybe my ISP is nailing
me for being unfaithful, news-wise. ;)

Steve