 Administrative / General / 974
Re: Disappearing name in MS Outlook Express
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 22:24:22 GMT

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999 00:33:37 GMT, Larry Pieniazek uttered the following
profundities...
   5850  Microsoft Outlook Express
   ----
   7657  TOTAL

Solution seems easy to me. Don't use the product. I think this is an
example of a product that's not easy to use for this application.
Well, I think 10 of those at least are mine. Todd was a great
help in getting me sorted. It was neither Lugnet, nor OE that
was the problem, it was me!
I had no problems whatsoever with Free Agent or Gravity. I
currently use Gravity. Stopped using OE, though I liked the
product. Problem was, once you have a few newsgroups, it
starts to crash frequently, usually when closing, rendering
all read articles as unread again. That wasn't too much of
a problem, as I was quite thorough in keeping everything clean.
However, it did crash twice while running online, deleting the
server information, cached group names, and all subscribed
groups. Even though the cache files remained, it was impossible
to reinstate them all. I would recommend OE, it is a good
little program, with integrated mail and news, but once you
get a few, RTL-sized newsgroups subscribed, beware!
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/