 Administrative / General / 969
Re: Disappearing name in MS Outlook Express
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 16:26:15 GMT

Selçuk wrote in message ...
I'm not intending to say that OE is a good news reader (I prefer using NS,
too, at least at my home) but I'm using it at job for luget w/o any
difficulty. The great number seen here in the statistics may have been
caused by its very widespread use, since every w95/98 user has virtually a
copy of it.

I agree.

I've also tried using a number of other news readers and haven't had good
luck with anything else.  Most leave out features that I need, such as
support for multiple servers, and allowing connections to ports other then
119 (I tunnel my news connection through ssh and use port 10119).  There are
a few quirks in OE, but until someone can show me something that works
better and is free I'll stick with it.  I remember trying winvn, free agent,
newsxpress, slrn, and netscape's news client.  I've probably tried more then
that as well.

Maybe Todd would also post another statistical data showing the news reader
sw shares in total successful postings...:-)

I would be very interested in this as well.

alex