 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 846
Re: THE LAST WORD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 20:43:46 GMT

Larry Pieniazek writes:
James Brown wrote:

<follow-up set to off-topic.debate)

Umm, without meaning to get involved, I trust that the posting of private
e-mail to a (nominally) public new-group was in error, yes?

I certainly did not give permission to do so and I believe that posting
email without permission should be, and IS, a violation of LUGNET terms
of use (from the Discussion groups terms of use, see
http://www.lugnet.com/terms/) specifically:

  6.  Post or transmit any information, software, or other material
      which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including
      material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or
      which is protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary
      right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first
      obtaining permission from the owner or right holder.

This is an adminstrative issue. Hence I've copied admin.general, and not
off-topic.debate.

Absolutely.  I originally set follow-up to .debate because of the potential for
controversy or flames.  I didn't make it an adminstrative issue becuase I try
to give the benefit of the doubt, and suggested it might be in error, and
offered a solution to that error.

This was before I saw his post in .trains that also contained private
information, as a completely independent post.  Once I would give the benefit
of the doubt, twice I would ask for explanation.

As an independant observer (and at roughly 7 months of participation, nominally
a newbie myself) I would suggest that Kurt seems unaware of many of the finer
points of net ettiquette, and did not respond well to attempts to remind him of
this, but he certainly hasn't done anything we haven't seen before (even in
only 7 months), assuming he can provide an explanation for the e-mail glitch.
And, of course, it ain't a patch on what TRL sees regularly.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/