 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 201 – 220 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Group charter question

(...) I guess the point of the rant is, for those out there who "police" the groups, try to be _constructive_ in your policing. The Internet is full of people who love to show off by being brusque, snippy, and downright nasty to newbies, occasional (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.558)

  Re: Cats and pigeons...

(...) Ah, but they're clearly taken from a missive sent to TRU from TLC, and as they aren't on the shelves, aren't yet meant for public consumption. Right? I do agree, though, that since the information is being taken from a TRU computer, that the (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.557)

  Re: 2000 Catalog scans - TLC stance

James Brown <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in message news:FMHJDI.208@lugnet.com... (...) and I (...) too (...) in (...) that 1 (...) Call me two then. My only vendors catalog, a 1987 one, was from a retailer shelf. Actually, I went into my (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

internet
(score: 1.557)

  Re: 2000 Catalog scans - TLC stance

(...) Clearly, I'm not Todd or Suz. Not as clearly, I'm not a lawyer. But I have to respectfully disagree with you here, Larry. The Fair Play policy, as quoted above, includes catalogues, which this was one of. It also specifically states that (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.557)

  Re: Cats and pigeons...

(...) I'm missing something here. Retailer catalogs are one thing. They're pretty clearly not for general consumption. But why exactly are the images in question trade secrets? They are posted on a public server by TLG with no protection whatever. (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.557)

  Re: Cats and pigeons...

(...) It's not the same analogy at all. More like if outside the 7-11, on a public sidewalk, there was a big box with a sign over it that said "free for the taking" and it had gum in it. Are we supposed to read the minds of the 7-11 owners as to (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.557)

  Re: Cats and pigeons...

James Brown wrote in message ... (...) year-2000 (...) Gone now... Either TLC is committing a development sin here, or some hackers are having some fun. Assuming it isn't hackers, it appears that someone is testing new material on the live public (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.557)

  Re: .loc.eu (was: Re: UKLUG Prototype online)

(...) For international organizations. More specifically, organizations established by international treaties. Also possibly for internet infrastructure databases. (Not sure what the thinking is on that second part.) NATO would be an example.... (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.557)

  Re: .loc.eu (was: Re: UKLUG Prototype online)

(...) I agree in full. That'd be the proper place to organize major or minor events, and to inform everybody in Europe of good deals and opportunities. For example there are a few companies that sell via internet in Europe only (Toyshop, Riemann (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.556)

  Todd - Question about Software you use

What do you use to run LUGNET? IE: Is it a 'canned' package that does all the Web HTML, NNTP, Email Notify on post stuff and so on or were you just totally god like with internet protocols, read the RFCs over coffee and wrote your own thing? Thanks (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.556)

  Re: eudora thread bug

(...) it (...) Internet (...) Don't worry, I won't *think* of trying a NetScrape product :) They annoy me to death, just like Outlook and Outlook Express and how hard to use they are. Especially with their insisting on using a variable-width font. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.556)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) All right. You have this artist friend. She paints things. She invites you and fifty other people over for a housewarming party. Great party, lots of fun, lots of neat things going on. She's got a couple of her latest paintings up on display, (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

internet
(score: 1.556)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) If it would help, I'll post a list of all possible URLs (of a given length and/or fitting current patterns) under <URL:(URL). (...) I'm not a legal expert, despite my strong opinions, but thanks to the power of online dictionaries, I'm able to (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

internet
(score: 1.556)

  Re: eudora thread bug

(...) it (...) Internet (...) Ok guys I really dont know what all this means, as a new computer user!! let alone new Lugnetter, newsgroup reader etc etc....I was hoping you could help ME????? (I really do want to know) I am running windows NT on a (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.556)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) Gee. That's rather a cop-out, isn't it? (...) Yes, it does. (...) This is not about courtesy. At all. This is about a claim Brad made that it was _legally_ so. I am not saying it isn't impolite (though I don't agree..), I am saying it isn't (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

internet
(score: 1.556)

  Re: Has anyone ever been missing a piece?

(...) Look, you're my friend and everything but do you HAVE to use that word on this site? Just because my kids already know that word, know what it means and all, and have heard it used before doesn't mean that I want them reading it HERE. (1) You (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.556)

  Re: Enough already

(...) material (...) "Poking around hotline servers" Ahh, another practioner of the black art... You know, this is what's so laughable about the whole situation. Uh, HELLO THE GENIE IS OUT OF THE BOTTLE. Copyright laws are a relic from the (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.555)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) I don't think it's normally illegal, no, although I would be surprised if there weren't at least a few gray or semi-gray areas lurking there vis-a-vis publishing links to unannounced products. Mostly I meant wrong in the sensibilities sense, (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

internet
(score: 1.555)

  Re: Maybe "Dear Lego" sub groups would help

(...) what (...) I like your ideas and agree that it has been hard to sift through the constructive conversation and the irrational rants lately. My feeling is that a lot of people came out of the wood work after Brad's initial post to vent their (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.555)

  Re: Posting problem with the web-interface!

(...) I think you are correct. 1038 doesn't seem to specify any limit. The Internet draft at <URL:(URL) suggests 998 as a _minimum_ ("MUST") and lines of arbitrary length as recommended ("SHOULD"). I'm not sure where they got that number from; it (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.554)

More:  Next Page >>