 Administrative / General / 3448
Re: Group charter question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:18:02 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, John VanZwieten writes:

James Wilson <j_wilson.plateletlab@usa.net> wrote in message

And as a minor rant, for those of you out there who feel obliged to police
the groups and tell folks they're posting in the wrong place, how about
pointing them in the right direction, too.  As an example, imagine going to
the hospital, finding what you think is the information desk, asking a
question, and being told, "You can't ask that question here," with no help
as to where you CAN ask that question.

This is a valid point, and I liked your example, too.  Keep in mind that
those of us who occassionaly "police" various groups are not trying to be
mean or snippy.  We value the individual groups as community resources, and
want to keep them as "clean" as possible.

-John Van

I guess the point of the rant is, for those out there who "police" the groups,
try to be _constructive_ in your policing.  The Internet is full of people who
love to show off by being brusque, snippy, and downright nasty to newbies,
occasional users, and those who "go to the wrong place to ask a question."
Let's not let LUGNET become like that.
Or am I in the wrong group for this reply?   :-)

James