 Administrative / General / 3427
Re: Group charter question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 00:20:46 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, James Wilson writes:
At the risk of being told I'm posting this in the wrong group, how is
one supposed to (quickly) view the charter of a group through the web
interface?  I mean, some of these groups have over 4000 messages. Is there
a quick way to get to the first two?

James Brown gave a couple good ways, and here's one other way, if you type
fast:

Take the newsgroup name, change the .'s to /'s, remove the 'lugnet', tack
a / on the end of it, and paste that onto the end of 'http://www.lugnet.com/'
and then load up that URL and look in the left column.

For example,

lugnet.general        =>  http://www.lugnet.com/general/
lugnet.cad.dev        =>  http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dev/
lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp  =>  http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/ms/msp/