 Administrative / General / 3423
Re: Group charter question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 16:07:09 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, James Wilson writes:
At the risk of being told I'm posting this in the wrong group, how is one
supposed to (quickly) view the charter of a group through the web interface?
I mean, some of these groups have over 4000 messages. Is there a quick way to
get to the first two?

The easiest way to get to the first two via the web interface is probably 1 of
2 ways(checking)
1: go to that group from the main page.  The charter is right there in the
upper left beside the name of the group.  OR

2:to type in the URL directly for that message.  (in the web interface, each
message has a specific URL)

eg:  http://www.lugnet.com/general/?n=1

And as a minor rant, for those of you out there who feel obliged to police the
groups and tell folks they're posting in the wrong place, how about pointing
them in the right direction, too.  As an example, imagine going to the
hospital, finding what you think is the information desk, asking a question,
and being told, "You can't ask that question here," with no help as to where
you CAN ask that question.

Guilty as charged. :/  I've been trying to be good, though, and leave the
policing to Todd.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/