 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 1961 – 1980 of 2225.
Search took 0.07 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  We are back up

(...) Well, we are back up. As I'm sure you noticed, downtime was greather than 10 minutes. What took so long was double-checking the integrity of everything carefully after the swap (and making an additional full backup before making any changes to (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce) !

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: A tiresome tirade (Was: garbage output)

Todd: (...) I know. That is the difference between ":-(" and ";-(". The latter one should probably be followed by a plain smiley, but I'm not good at ASCII animations. (...) I will. [ ... ] (...) This sounds like a good solution if we find it (...) (26 years ago, 13-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Bulk Lego Auctions

(...) Is it always in message #1? What if the charter has been revised at some point later on? It's easy in my newsreader (emacs+gnus) to jump to message #1, or any message in the group I'm reading if I know its number, but I didn't think that was (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: link labels

(...) Actually, back in 1994, which is when RFC1738 was written, there was all sorts of discussion about URN's (Universal Resource Names), URI's (Univesal Resource Identifiers), and URL's (Universal Resource Locators). The concept is that a URN (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: for the eyes of Suz (Was Re: For the Eyes of Alfred Speredelozzi

Hmmm...mmm, Well I can't say I agree totally with everything being said here; I know I haven't been here as long as most of you, but I'll reply nonetheless. I still view LUGNET as the center of the lego universe, I come here everyday, read lot's, (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Strange server problems, please read and respond.

(...) Warning, I am speculating without certain knowledge. I don't think those two things are related. I got one of those mails from that same server too after a post that included .space, it is probably a person who was subscribed to .space and (...) (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Posting with MIME encoded FROM header

(...) Hmm, I don't know. At first I want to say no it shouldn't -- because it's totally unreadable with that encoding. But OTOH, maybe yes it should, because maybe modern newsreaders are smart enough to decode that into 8-bit ISO characters on the (...) (26 years ago, 19-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Todd, can we have an Arctic posting group?

Hi Todd, I was wondering if we could get an Arctic themed posting group? The Town group has only two subthemes, and I would like to see more. What is the procedure for getting new groups? Please let me know. I would really like a Divers posting (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Non ISO charaters (was Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market))

(...) I've been addressing this issue before, but I think it is about time to pick it up again. Matthew, I'm using your article as an example, no offence! I frequently see the use of characters which are not in the ISO 8859-1 character set on (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Allow posting & FUT to member email

(...) Strongly disagree. As I said offline (and that's annoying in and of itself, having to say things twice because of an not easily overrideable FUT), this breaks threading. Since from the web there is no easy way to override the FUT without (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: dot mecha curator request

(...) I'm sorry that your membership has been neglected. As was the case with Matt, I was unaware of your poor treatment until you posted here. I've forwarded an alert to Todd (which is what I did for Matt) requesting special attention to your case. (...) (19 years ago, 8-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Mailing list gateways

Todd: (...) Just to remind you of my opinion on this question. I would like to keep the l-cad mailing list for technical problems regarding the internals of LEGO CAD software (file formats, creating new parts, etc.), and use lugnet.cad for the "user (...) (26 years ago, 16-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Limiting quotations?

Todd: [ Example: (URL) ] (...) IIRC, the problem was that the newsreaders/mailers in question induces people to write badly formed posts. (...) I thought about how simple it is to circumvent the test, but it is always a good start, if you can get (...) (25 years ago, 9-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Enhancement for us web-posters

OK, it's not really NNTP, but I couldn't find anywhere better to ask. Todd, any chance us web-posters could get a cancel button? Like you know, if I wanna obliterate that post I didn't read before I hit the dreaded "Post" button? I was thinking (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: LUGNET to change hands while continuing normal operation

(...) I was so tired the morning I wrote this... STILL, I can't believe I made such a silly mistake in spelling. I didn't even -notice- it until almost 2 days later!!! That's what a crazy weekend it was. I guess it came from my fingers typing "LEGO" (...) (19 years ago, 16-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: link labels

Todd: (...) Yes. Mozilla does. I'm 99% sure that Eudora does as well. I'm quite sure that there are many others. Since I do not run Microsoft products, I have no idea what they do. (...) The relevant RFC is RFC1738 in the appendix. Alas, most people (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Mailing list gateways

(...) Depends on whether there's a parts-vote going on. In the last several days, it would be handy to see things in a thready manner. (...) Again, I went data-diving just last night (I had to dig up the BAT I posted for creating MPD files). (...) (...) (26 years ago, 20-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Collapsing the lugnet.loc.uk hierarchy

(...) I wrote a lot of probably's there because I knew I hadn't thought it through carefully yet at that point. Here's where things stand now, of late Wednesday night/early Thursday morning, 2:30 a.m. EST: All 76 of the fourth and fifth level UK (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Lazy web posting

Maybe this already exists, but I'd like to be even more lazy when posting using the web interface. Currently, I always get the "Before you post" page, to which I respond "Yes", then I get the message composition page, where I check a box again (...) (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Spammer Using LUGNET?

"Janey Cook" <janeyofthejungle@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:I84M6E.4AI@lugnet.com... (...) Janey, I know it will be expensive for you to do so, but I would strongly recommend you upgrade your antivirus program to something that is the latest (...) (20 years ago, 3-Dec-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

More:  Next Page >>