 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 1741 – 1760 of 2225.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Mail@Kidlug - possible SPAM

(...) Why has this been cross-posted to lugnet.promo - it's completely irrelevant. I call it SPAM. Carbon 60 P.S. Added lugnet.admin.general (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.231)

  Re: Cleaning up the main homepage

(...) Just a thought: Todd, I don't know how LUGNET codewise is implemented, but I assume you have an user-database somewhere (to validate posting-priveleges and to store subscribed mailinglists etc.) At our company I implemented our Intranet, it's (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.231)

  Re: Cleaning up the main homepage

(...) Hmm. Well, in the great usenet tradition of "if you agree with it, don't post", we probably have consensus that Frank's ideas are good (but I'll have to go hunt and confirm, for myself). My questions (mostly for Todd) are: Have you got the (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.council)

mail
(score: 0.231)

  Re: Cleaning up the main homepage

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:Fr6ABv.1MA@lugnet.com... (...) from (...) reduces (...) who (...) I have been reading all the messages in this group since I started to browse LUGNET (since october '99) Yet I haven't really (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.231)

  New groups lugnet.castle.org & lugnet.castle.org.cw

New group/lists lugnet.castle.org and lugnet.castle.org.cw have just been created for the discussion of Castle organizations and, in particular, the recently emerging Castle World site. The .castle.org group is probably not likely to get much (if (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

mail
(score: 0.231)

  Re: Statistics request: NNTP vs HTTP vs SMTP/POP?

Susan, I use Netscape Communicator 4.7 (Messenger - e-mail) to use LUGNET. I hardly ever use the web based interface. Scott S. (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.231)

  Lugnet clone handling? (was: Re: LEGO clone auction)

(...) Macs::Windows? Oh no - let's not go there.... Actually the Lego/Apple comparison is not that far off. Both have intense user loyalty; both (well Apple until recently) have very screwed up marketing practices. It is sad to go into store after (...) (26 years ago, 25-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 0.231)

  Group coalescing (was: Re: It's time to get rid of my Technic Collection)

(...) Oopsy, I almost forgot -- I know the answer to the second part of that question... Yes, the News-by-Mail facility has the collapsing/coalescing property. In fact, since all the mailing list messages sent by the server come to you at a single (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.231)

  Re: MINIFIGS

[ XFUT lugnet.admin.general ] Frish: (...) I know that some of the responses that you got weren't that practical, but writing all upper-case is an absolute no-no, and I feel very tempted to remove my answer to your question because of this post of (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.231)

  Re: www.lugnet.com/lsah habitually late

(...) Yeah, whoever is involved with spending their own time and effort to provide a completely free service to the rest of us really needs to get off their lazy bums and make more of an effort to post these during a time that conveniently fits into (...) (26 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 0.231)

  Re: Suggested Change in Charter for ALL Lugnet Theme Groups.

To All, I think a divided up auction, for different themes, might be a good way to approach this subject. (I subscribe to auctions via e-mail, BTW) If I am only interested in Space items, I can go into market.auctions.space, or just subscribe to it. (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.231)

  Statistics request: NNTP vs HTTP vs SMTP/POP?

Sometimes I think I'm the only LUGnut who uses a newsreader to access LUGNET. I'm curious to know what percentage of people read and post to LUGNET via news vs. the web interface vs. e-mail. That is, what percentage of posts contain "X-Nntp-Gateway: (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.231)

  Re: Suggested Change in Charter for ALL Lugnet Theme Groups.

On top of this I also believe we should be allowed to post any trade's in the Theme groups also, as long as you are posting in the proper genre. I don't believe all the info should be in there, though you can post an intent and do the rest by e-mail (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.council, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 0.231)

  Re: It's time to get rid of my Technic Collection

(...) Ah yep - that's what I meant to ask, I meant server side but I wasn't terribly clear :) (...) In theory - would it be possible for users(1) to go to a web-page and select a hierarchy (eg lugnet.castle), and the sub-groups that they wanted to (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.231)

  Re: lugnet.org.castle.castle-world?

(...) No objections from me with having a dead group -- it's no drag on the server. I don't think it would really be dead though -- probably low-traffic at the worst, not that there's anything wrong with low-traffic if it's focused. (...) I'll try (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.231)

  Re: Suggested Change in Charter for ALL Lugnet Theme Groups.

(...) this (...) Actually, I suspect it has aliented or could alienate some people (a few names pop to mind(1)), but I would posit that those people are for the most part interested in bang for their buck, and not in discussion, so would generally (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.231)

  Re: Carrying rec.toys.lego on lugnet.com

Dejanews doesn't work w/Outlook Express. Despite some peoples poor expreiences w/this software, I have had nothing but good come out of it. I had a news server that carried RTL but it went belly up after just after x-mass, don't know why but can't (...) (26 years ago, 11-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.230)

  Re: Carrying rec.toys.lego on lugnet.com

Also sprach Fred Carcanague III: : Well since getting RTL here sometime in the near future looks practicaly : impossible... Is there a news server that does carry it. I dislike using the : AOL browser for anything, for me AOL is just a internet (...) (26 years ago, 10-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.230)

  Re: Carrying rec.toys.lego on lugnet.com

Well since getting RTL here sometime in the near future looks practicaly impossible... Is there a news server that does carry it. I dislike using the AOL browser for anything, for me AOL is just a internet connection. Outlook Express does a (...) (26 years ago, 10-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.230)

  Re: Article scoring

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman writes: [snip a lot of math] (...) where in here does it take into account how many people are in the group? Can you weigh in the number of people who are subscribed to that group? Since they are the ones most (...) (25 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.230)

More:  Next Page >>