 Administrative / General / 4960
Re: Suggested Change in Charter for ALL Lugnet Theme Groups.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.council, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 13:39:20 GMT

On top of this I also believe we should be allowed to post any trade's
in the Theme groups also, as long as you are posting in the proper
genre. I don't believe all the info should be in there, though you can
post an intent and do the rest by e-mail with anyone that might possibly
be interested.

Tamy

Scott A wrote:

(Follow ups to lugnet.admin.general - this means any reply to this message
will appear there).

Suggested Change in Charter for ALL Lugnet Theme Groups.

By "theme", I mean castle, space pirate etc.

I suggest the pre-auction announcements should be allowed in all theme
groups, with the following provisos:

1. Only privately run auctions should be allowed - _NO_ ebay etc.
2. Only _sets_ which relate directly to the theme should be allowed - (ie
they should by listed under the relevant theme on Pause or Brickset).
3. All sets auctioned should be at least 3 years old - this will disallow
most clearance "box shifters".
4. Follow-ups (replies) to the post should be directed to
Lugnet.market.auction.
5. Auction updates, if any, should be posted to Lugnet.market.auction - NOT
the theme group.
6. The initial post should only have the title "theme_name PRE AUCTION
ANNOUNCEMENT" - Nothing more.
7. The auction post and terms should be pre-checked by lugnet.admin.council
to ensure it is "fair" & complies with points 1 to 6.

N.B. :  I do not run private auctions, so I would not benefit materially
from this change.

No "knee jerk" reactions please.

Scott A

Go to lugnet.admin.general : http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=,-20&v=c