 Administrative / General / 5114
Re: Cleaning up the main homepage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 09:18:22 GMT

I'm off to go pick up the cat at the vet...I'll think about a cookie switch
on the way there & back.  More later...

Just a thought:
Todd, I don't know how LUGNET codewise is implemented, but I assume you have
an user-database somewhere (to validate posting-priveleges and to store
subscribed mailinglists etc.)
At our company I implemented our Intranet, it's fully configurable (down to
the colours and fonts) instead of storing this stuff in cookies I have a table
with configuration settings and simply store the user-id in the cookie.
If you're interested I can mail some snippets of how I implemented it.

--
Frank Buiting

Visit the LEGO Lexicon: http://members.chello.nl/~f.buiting/lego/