 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 1721 – 1740 of 2225.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

"Sam Hastings" <samjh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GEs6zt.A1x@lugnet.com... (...) Personally I fail to see the benefit of these 'breakaway' Yahoo discussion groups. I am perfectly happy talking with US Lugnetter's about all aspects of LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Database Piece Count

(...) It wouldn't work. It would get blocked. (...) Actually there are lots and lots of them, and there have been since 1994, but they tend not to stay up for very long, or have access restrictions, or aren't very flexible. (...) I get bcc'd on (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.database)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  posting to the robotics newsgroup

Does anyone know why, when I post to the lugnet.robotics newsgroups I get two emails, one from payments-autorespond...amazon.com and another from mailer-daemon@google.com reporting a delivery failure. Posting to a lugnet newsgroup should not result (...) (18 years ago, 12-Oct-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Unable to connect via NNTP

(...) minutes (...) the (...) I'm now getting errors when I *send* messages too... of the ones I sent yesterday, several took a long time to appear and one never got through at all - I got this message back: Your message has been enqueued and (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Reply-To setting in mailing lists

(...) Chris, The quick answer is that the list software you're using is called "ezmlm" (URL). A more complete answer, however, is that you're actually on a pure- mailing-list half of a bidirectional mailing-list-to-newsgroup gateway. That is, some (...) (23 years ago, 15-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Lugnet.robotics and the Robotics List

Linc Smith wrote in message ... (...) list (...) I read via the mailing list instead of via lugnet for a couple of reasons: 1) My email comes in via IMAP, where my news doesn't. IMAP keeps my read/unread status on the server, which means that I can (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Signing off...till March

(...) Never said it was outside the realm of possibility. But the nameserver caches were all working fine, till yesterday, that's how things work, the flush order doesn't go out till a week after the expiry. Also, there are a lot of people that use (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

(...) That reminds me of a few moths ago when I used 'jackass' in a post. It's a word that has been used on 'regular TV' (not cable or after 9 p.m.) but I was offered a polite warning via e-mail. So, on the one hand I'm all for common sense (my (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Hahahaha Robot Snake

(...) Sorry Soren, I didn't get the joke on your first reply. This one I think I understand, and it is definetly not funny! If you've problems with Eric or sombody else, please be so kind and don't let them out in public. Just use direct mail. You (...) (19 years ago, 14-Dec-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people.support, FTX)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: eudora thread bug

Tim Courtney skrev i meddelandet ... (...) ((URL) I think...) Try (URL) and go to the 'newsreaders' section. There you can find a lot of free newsreaders, I never had any problems at all downloading from there (mirrors all over the world). I use (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Outlook Express problems

Todd, Unfortunately, I have used 2 different versions of OE. I am currently using the most recent version available. I will probably have to switch to a different newsreader. I wonder if it has to do with using OE for news only and using Outlook for (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: A disturbing trend seems to be developing

(...) Speaking for myself here... It's my understanding that the more self-governing LUGNET is, the happier Todd is. There's really nothing stopping any of us from intelligently reprimanding folks for off-topic posts with a reply to the off-topic (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Someone's at it again with SPAM

(...) First of all, in this case, it seems like the spammer just replied to any message he could find in lugnet... As for the spam going to the newsgroups, it can (and it does) only if the poster has gone through the mail setup procedure. Otherwise, (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Problem with Password page?

(...) Sounds good. Thanks for the efforts, Todd. I don't like writing down passwords but when you don't have to remember them for, like, a few years, you tend to forget them. Willing to test your implementation once you get it done (no rush--e-mail (...) (22 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Email Harvesting from LUGNET sidebars

As curator for the Market hierarchy, I have posted an email address on each sidebar page so people may contact me. This works pretty well. The email address I use for the sidebars is used ONLY for this purpose. As such the volume of mail sent and (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Database Piece Count

(...) Hm, I got it. In fact the following proposal, assuming there is a curator named for the admin.db group so they can edit FTX, requires NO programming or changes within LUGNET at all! - Set up a hotmail (yahoo, or whatever... a peeron account (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.database)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) And you very well know as a libertarian that one is not responsible for other people's actions. If someone sprays grafitti on a wall, yet I take a picture of that, I am not responsible for the grafitti. Just as if I quote a person who has (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  AFOL Web Developers! (was Re: LEGO Developer's Guild)

Ok, I promise I'm not trying to win the prize for the oldest thread resurrected :) But when we were at Brickfest a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that many of the conversations that I was involved with were about code, and websites, and how to make (...) (19 years ago, 27-Aug-05, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general) !!

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Mailing list gateways

(...) I meant relatively hidden with respect to the ng, once you know about the ng's. For example, I just took a browse through the ng looking for URLs and found Jacob's and Laurentino's and Steve's page, among others... Even knowing that the LDraw (...) (26 years ago, 20-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Allocation of member #'s

(...) I wonder how (technically) you would really settle any disputes over who was "older." Maybe you'd have to let each party find (on their own) and demonstrate their oldest post. But someone may have lurked for 6 months and participated privately (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

More:  Next Page >>