 Administrative / General / 3138
Re: A disturbing trend seems to be developing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 16:48:53 GMT

Eric Kingsley wrote:
[...]
It would just be nice if we had a good way of helping Todd manage this type of
problem without offending other people with flames.

Speaking for myself here...

It's my understanding that the more self-governing LUGNET is, the happier Todd
is.  There's really nothing stopping any of us from intelligently reprimanding
folks for off-topic posts with a reply to the off-topic message, an e-mail
cc'd to the offender, and a follow-up to .admin.general -- as per Todd's
preferred method.  We would need to invoke the wrath of Todd only for repeat
offenders.

But Eric seems to be leading up to the possibility of moderated forums, an
idea bounced back and forth here several times in the past.  Unfortunately, a
moderated group needs at least one person reviewing all messages, and for
large groups such as .general , this can get to be a full-time job.  It's
probably better for all of us to moderate each other.

Am I way off the mark here, Todd, or is this the way to go?

Cheers,
- jsproat

It's not the same log.  It's not the same log.  It's not the same log.
  It's not the same log.  It's not the same log.  It's not the same log.
               It's the same log.  It's the same log.  It's the same log.