 Administrative / General / 3137
3136  |  3138
Subject:
A disturbing trend seems to be developing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 16:37:40 GMT

I don't know how many of you have noticed but it seems that there has been a
proliferation of auctions and buy-sell-trade posts being made to groups other
than lugnet.market.* .

I know that Todd is doing the best he can to correct people and point them in
the right direction when they post to the wrong groups and that does help.
What disturbs me is the proliferation of posts where people blatently say "I
know this is the wrong place for this post but...".  I don't really know what
to do about this but it seems that Todds management of this type of thing is
going to get to take up a large part of his time in the very near future.  I
know that I recently flamed such a post and looking back on it it probably was
not the best approach.

It would just be nice if we had a good way of helping Todd manage this type of
problem without offending other people with flames.

Do you have any suggestions on how we can help Todd?  Or do you still want to
handle the issues as they arise yourself?

Thanks,

Eric Kingsley

Remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail