 Administrative / General / 3139
Re: A disturbing trend seems to be developing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 17:15:34 GMT

Eric Kingsley <kingsley@nelug.nospam.org> wrote:
It would just be nice if we had a good way of helping Todd manage this type of
problem without offending other people with flames.

Do you have any suggestions on how we can help Todd?  Or do you still want to
handle the issues as they arise yourself?

I assume you meant to insert a comma between help and Todd, but I'll
offer my opinion anyway.

I think as Lugnet grows Todd's going to need to implement some kind
of limited moderator system, something that will allow maybe allow
others to semi-officially post those same kind of gentle reminders
but also might empower them to temporarily do the same thing Todd
has done in the past - suspend posting privileges to a group or
groups until the person has acknowledged their understanding of the
infraction of the rules they made.

The gentle (or not so gentle) reminders already come from several
people already.  Maybe they help, maybe not.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/