 Administrative / General / 2026
Re: Allocation of member #'s
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 17:16:27 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, "Derek Schin" <dschin@mcn.net> writes:
Mike Walsh wrote in message ...
How about letting people get a member number based on their favorite LEGO
set.  Although I am sure that certain numbers (4558, 6399, etc.) would be

I love this idea.  And you can combine it with the old-timer privelidge--if
multiple people want the same number, it goes to the oldest R(or A)TLer.
And if someone pisses you off, you can assign them a Time Cruiser number.

I wonder how (technically) you would really settle any disputes over who was
"older."  Maybe you'd have to let each party find (on their own) and
demonstrate their oldest post.  But someone may have lurked for 6 months and
participated privately in auctions or private e-mail before ever posting --
so there's really no way to prove who came first.