 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 141 – 160 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Is There a "Ten Commandments"?

(...) while it would need to be adapted to lugnet i think it would solve alot of problems. actuly spelling out the rules instead of: "I have carefully read, I understand, and I agree to all of the Terms of Use of this service. I also swear that I am (...) (19 years ago, 23-Sep-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

service
(score: 0.618)

  could someone please send me my password.

hey admins, i cleared my cookies and other internet files the other night and mistakenly erased my lugnet password. could one of you please send it to me. i prommis to save it in a word file this time. thanks, ondrew (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.617)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) I agree that one can write Carlin's 7 words on the internet(s--for Dubya fans out there). That said, if I was the owner of a website and this website allowed other pepople to post stuff, and one of my rules was that no 'foul language' can be (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.616)

  Re: Email address question

(...) Call it inspired. I need to be getting more active in my Admin role, especially in getting information where it logically should be. I also wanted to emphasize that thoughtful criticism will always be taken seriously, and action will happen as (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.616)

  (canceled)

internet
(score: 0.616)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) From a site listing Carlin's 7 words: "So far we can still write them on the Internet, at least until the thought Nazi's finally get their wish and reduce the limits of content to that which is suitable for two year olds." Food for thought. M (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.616)

  Re: Lugnet should be MORE draconian

(...) Sadly the children tend to be the ones using the most unacceptable vernacular. (...) Yeah.. sure let the fox guard the henhouse. (...) As me Pappy used to say.. Sic' Em Boys! (...) I think we should give Lar a large Lego Bat to enforce the ToU (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.616)

  Re: Lugnet should be MORE draconian

(...) It is a sad fact that people in the Western world are getting more and more stressed out, and the result is often bickering and whining in all kinds of situations which used to be a source for relaxation, all smiles and warm, fuzzy feelings. (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.616)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) Dear Willy, might I invite you to spend more time at the www.1000steine.com/forum ? That is now in fact one of the friendliest places in the internet and has a more professional administration as I would dare to judge. At least nobody there (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.616)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) I'm starting to come around to this way of thinking myself, actually. But how do we solve the legal liability problem? No other site seems to care about it as much, but part of why this policy is the way it is, (IIRC from the discussions back (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.616)

  Re: leaving LUGNET

(...) slightest inclination to DO it, but I suppose I could imagine that it's a legitimate thing to want, if you want to no longer have your member page displayed to the public internet. Maybe you want to hide your name or something, and would (...) (20 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

internet
(score: 0.611)

  Re: Language Choices and LUGNET

(...) You assume that the membership is representative of the community.(?) (...) You forget that this is the friendliest place on the internet! ;) (...) Hmm. Perhaps Kerry should be "eliminated forever". ;) Scott A (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

internet
(score: 0.610)

  Re: Incorrect Links on SW Sidebar

I fully agree with Geoff! However, I do have a highspeed internet connection, but it still takes ages to load. And I do not have the site in the temporary cache, as I don't visit this site daily. So I rather stick with the fast loading sites. Take (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.admin.curators)

internet
(score: 0.609)

  Re: "fired"?

(...) I'm not a paying member. The quote is exact. It just demonstrates the ignorance of those making the decisions. As a part time bottom of the barrel nothing I still signed a non-disclosure agreement at the time of hire. They are parinoid latly (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.609)

  "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"

On Tuesday the 18th I extended a simple invitation for people to Visit NILTC’s next show: (URL) was responded to by Larry Pieniazek, The curator for lugnet.trains thus: (URL) copy came from the library who is very excited about this show. I would (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.org.us.clb, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms) !

internet
(score: 0.609)

  Re: Response highlighting

Snip... (...) I, too, do not like the color change. However, I believe that a ‘letter’ to TLC regarding such would have been better presented on a website with a form that users could complete, sans debate. Anyhow, that’s not why I am writing (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

internet
(score: 0.609)

  Re: Incorrect Links on SW Sidebar

"Todd Lehman" <tsl@tsl.bu.edu> wrote in message news:IAKu8G.nH2@lugnet.com... (...) Heh, reminded me of a song lyric --> "You're too old. Let go; its over. Nobody listens to techno". I've got a techno remix of that mixed in with a Moby song. It's (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.admin.curators)

internet
(score: 0.609)

  Re: Incorrect Links on SW Sidebar

(...) Would the real ACPin, please stand up? What in the universe IS your real name? Do you get self gratification by having this aura of mystery around yourself? Granted, you have *some* cool MOC's on your over large website (compensating for (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.admin.curators)

internet
(score: 0.608)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

(...) I used to use the NNTP service but I must say I much prefer the web based service. I find NNTP to be that little bit too primitive, sort of like email software which can't deal with HTML mime type. (...) I think using RSS is a great idea. It (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 0.608)

  LUGNET not accessible due to traffic load

LUGNET Administrators, It seems to me that LUGNET is becoming increasingly not available due to traffic load. Is this perception wrong? If there is some truth to my perception, is there action that can be taken to reduce the dreaded unavailability (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.606)

More:  Next Page >>