 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 1221 – 1240 of 2225.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Identity Theft

As an addendum to my prior post, I have copied the relevant portions of the LUGNET TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT (Version 1.0.1, 7 Mar 2000) here. Remember, these are the rules and standards that each and every individual posting to LUGNET agrees to abide (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.terms)

mail
(score: 0.288)

  (canceled)

mail
(score: 0.288)

  Identity Theft

To the LUGNET membership, I have seen two blatant cases of identity theft in LUGNET newsgroups today (2001.05.24). This is in direct violation of the sections 'Acknowledgment and Acceptance of Terms of Use (6)' and 'Discussion Group Terms and (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.terms) !!

mail
(score: 0.288)

  Re: Problem posting from LEGO Direct account

Jake, I am not Todd but I have done this myself on occasion. If your LD E-mail address is registered then you don't have to wait 24 hours. You do have to go into posting setup once to change your profile and as long as everything matches your LD (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.288)

  Re: Missing posts

(...) Why? This isn't a public good, it's a private service and the owner is organising it as he sees fit. No issue. (25 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 0.288)

  Re: Cats and pigeons...

(...) For the record, I'm not accessing the internet via thirteen.net- that's just where I get my email. If you're really interested, I can divulge the specifics of my internet connectivty to you in private. (...) Same here. (...) What?!?!? Whoa. (...) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.288)

  Re: YEAR-2000 LEAKS STOP HERE

(...) Todd, (and if you boot me for this, so be it...I can go back to being without lugnet) If TLG didn't want people to view these scans, then they would -not- be on the internet. End of it. TLG has them on the internet, without a firewall or (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.288)

  the LEGALS of ALL Lego pictures posted on the internet

please visit www.lego.com and click the "legal notice" link or go to (URL) should clear the muddy water, and probably make things worse, but hey...It's legal. (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.288)

  Re: Cats and pigeons...

(...) I think we have been victims of an internet cacheing/replication problem. My guess is someone at lego made changes this morning to the web site in preparation for the new catalog. Before it was completed, some of the new pages/database (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.288)

  Re: Cats and pigeons...

(...) If you put a server on the public internet, you can't expect that people aren't going to nose around and see what they can see. I'm on the other side of the fence on this one. If TLG has a privacy expectation for these pictures, they should do (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.288)

  Re: Cats and pigeons...

(...) Those would probably be the property of Toys R Us, so you'd have to ask them to know for sure whether it's OK. If posting the lists doesn't infringe on any of Toys R Us's privacy rights, then I wouldn't think it would be a problem. (Note: I've (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.288)

  Re: Group charter question

(...) I guess the point of the rant is, for those out there who "police" the groups, try to be _constructive_ in your policing. The Internet is full of people who love to show off by being brusque, snippy, and downright nasty to newbies, occasional (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.288)

  Re: Cats and pigeons...

(...) I'm missing something here. Retailer catalogs are one thing. They're pretty clearly not for general consumption. But why exactly are the images in question trade secrets? They are posted on a public server by TLG with no protection whatever. (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.288)

  Re: Cats and pigeons...

(...) It's not the same analogy at all. More like if outside the 7-11, on a public sidewalk, there was a big box with a sign over it that said "free for the taking" and it had gum in it. Are we supposed to read the minds of the 7-11 owners as to (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.288)

  Re: Cats and pigeons...

James Brown wrote in message ... (...) year-2000 (...) Gone now... Either TLC is committing a development sin here, or some hackers are having some fun. Assuming it isn't hackers, it appears that someone is testing new material on the live public (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.288)

  Re: Cats and pigeons...

(...) Ah, but they're clearly taken from a missive sent to TRU from TLC, and as they aren't on the shelves, aren't yet meant for public consumption. Right? I do agree, though, that since the information is being taken from a TRU computer, that the (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.288)

  Re: 2000 Catalog scans - TLC stance

James Brown <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in message news:FMHJDI.208@lugnet.com... (...) and I (...) too (...) in (...) that 1 (...) Call me two then. My only vendors catalog, a 1987 one, was from a retailer shelf. Actually, I went into my (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

internet
(score: 0.288)

  2000 Catalog scans - TLC stance

Here is the following from TLC: Scanning Of Copyrighted Materials Into A Web Site The LEGO Group owns the copyrights to its building instructions, publications and to the photographs used in our catalogs and on our packages. Copying, scanning and (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.288)

  Re: The Toa now officially hit the US

Hi again, sorry, I should have been more precise. What I meant to say is that the main page www.lego.com (right when you enter) announced that the Toa will hit the US by next week. Preorders accepted now on the six heros, to be shipped by 23 May (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.admin.database)

mail
(score: 0.288)

  Re: 2000 Catalog scans - TLC stance

(...) Clearly, I'm not Todd or Suz. Not as clearly, I'm not a lawyer. But I have to respectfully disagree with you here, Larry. The Fair Play policy, as quoted above, includes catalogues, which this was one of. It also specifically states that (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.288)

More:  Next Page >>