 Administrative / General / 3431
3430  |  3432
Subject:
2000 Catalog scans - TLC stance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 17:28:21 GMT

Here is the following from TLC:

Scanning Of Copyrighted Materials Into A Web Site

The LEGO Group owns the copyrights to its building instructions, publications
and to the photographs used in our catalogs and on our packages. Copying,
scanning and distributing these materials on the Internet would be an
infringement of our copyrights. Nevertheless, at the present time the LEGO
Group does not object to scanning of limited extracts of these materials in
unaltered form for non-commercial purposes of exchange of information or good
faith commentary. However, scanned /images/info should not be given such
prominence as to indicate sponsorship of the Web site by the LEGO Group. We
would ask that the photographs be scanned without distortion or overemphasis
of the LEGO logo. A disclaimer and notice must appear indicating that the
copyrights are owned by the LEGO Group (e.g. LEGO Group. This is an
independent site not authorized or sponsored by the LEGO Group").

We hope that these guidelines will address the most frequently asked questions
about using the LEGO trademarks and copyrights. We know that most users of the
Internet want to respect these rights, but are not always certain about what
is permissible. The Internet provides a great new opportunity for
instantaneous worldwide communication which allows everyone's voice to be
heard. Because the Internet is an evolving mode of worldwide communication, we
may find it necessary to revise these guidelines from time to time. We
appreciate the interest which has been expressed about our company and our
products and hope that this continuing dialog will enhance the exuberance we
try to create with our products.

Play Well!

Todd and Suz, please tell me based on this statement what Huw did wrong.

Cheers,
Mark L