 Administrative / General / 3432
Re: 2000 Catalog scans - TLC stance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 17:34:46 GMT

Mark Lindsey wrote:

Todd and Suz, please tell me based on this statement what Huw did wrong.

I ain't them. And I ain't an IP lawyer but I do know a bit about IP.

But... based on that quote from the fair play policy (which, thanks for
posting it!!!, is worth reviewing by us all on a regular basis), the
material in question (a publication targeted at retailers, which is not
a catalog, or a set package) is not covered by fair play. Therefore it
should theoretically not be published.

One key test for material is the following: Is it the subject of a
nondisclosure agreement, or does it have any sort of statement that it
is for internal use only, or is confidential or proprietary?

If any of those hold, the material is not to be published or even viewed
by the general public. That's a general intellectual property principle,
not just applicable to TLG/TLC.