 Administrative / General / 3483
Re: YEAR-2000 LEAKS STOP HERE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 22:35:14 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.general, "Remy de Prez" <remydeprez@freemail.nl> writes:
[...snipped flagrant privacy-invading list of URLs...]

NO MORE YEAR-2000 LEGO PRODUCT LEAKS ON LUGNET.  I'M NOT SAYING PLEASE.
ANYONE ELSE POSTS WRONGFULLY-OBTAINED INFORMATION ABOUT A LEGO PRODUCT
AND SOMEONE NOTICES IT AND DRAWS IT TO MY ATTENTION, YOU'RE OUT.
REMY, YOU'RE OUT.

Todd, (and if you boot me for this, so be it...I can go back to being without
lugnet)

If TLG didn't want people to view these scans, then they would -not- be on the
internet.  End of it.  TLG has them on the internet, without a firewall or
anything else protecting them.  Ergo, they are in the public domain for
viewing.
Remy just found them, by using a search (a 'common internet tool').

They are still up as of 1830 est.  If it was such a big thing, I don't think
they would still be up.

Leading Seaman James F. Powell
(who has to follow a internet policy more strict than TLG's)