  Search Results: cleaning old bricks
 Results 141 – 160 of about 52000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Did the original LEGO bricks come in green?

Take a look at this auction, here is an excelent picture of old bricks with the windows and doors which fit in the slots: (URL) these items definitely LEGO? I know that the early bricks had slots in them, but I'm not sure if the windows were (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

old, bricks
(score: 4.027)

  New Grays and bulk bricks

Having seen the "new" grays for the first time, I'm not that annoyed with the "light" gray color. The variation is "cooler" than the old light gray but not that different. Just as older light grays exposed to sunlight take on a slightly "yellowish" (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.dear-lego)

old, bricks
(score: 4.027)

  Re: Is it that big a deal??

(...) Actually, today's red is much different than '70s red. This color shocked me when I exited my dark ages and compared my '60s-'80s bricks with my '90s+. The old bricks are a deep rich color while the new ones are brighter and more transparent. (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, FTX)

old, bricks
(score: 4.027)

  Pat Pend Parts (3P)

Hi, I was sorting some old bricks and plates and was amazed to find so much Pat Pend Parts (3P). I've found mainly 2x4 and 2x3 bricks because they are easy to distinguish (they don't have ribs). I've found also some 2x2 and 2x8 bricks and (...) (20 years ago, 15-Mar-05, to lugnet.parts)

old, bricks
(score: 4.027)

  Re: Another great find!

(...) The one kind of old brick which might have a noticeable different value would the the original tubeless bricks. I'm not sure I'd pay much for them, but I do now have some in my collection, though few of them are really useable due to warping (...) (23 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.appraisal)

old, bricks
(score: 4.027)

  Re: Oldest Lego Parts of 1949-57

(...) Hello Henrik, Sorry but the Ebay auction item (originating from Aarhus, Denmark) is gone I believe. Check here in Jim Hughes website for some information on these early slotted Lego bricks: (URL) only countries where the 1949-56 slotted Lego (...) (19 years ago, 24-Oct-05, to lugnet.general)

old, bricks
(score: 4.027)

  Re: Old bricks

Dan, What you have is Lego made from Cellulose Acetate (or CA). That is a kind of plastic that Lego used until 1963. After that, they switched to ABS still in use today. The Pat. Pend. mark appears on both CA and ABS bricks. The descriptions you use (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

old, bricks
(score: 4.027)

  Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?

Thanks for asking. The new colors would be great if thats what we had all along in place of the old colors, but we don't so I would have to say that I would rather buy a bucket of old colors rather than the new ones. On the other hand, if I didn't (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

old, bricks
(score: 4.027)

  Re: Old bricks question?

(...) If the pieces are slightly warped, then it is Cellulose Acetate. Dave I assume this LEGO is from the USA. If so then it is circa 1961-67. If it is European LEGO, it could be 1958-63 (they went to ABS plastic earlier than the USA/Canada). They (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

old, bricks
(score: 4.026)

  Re: When did Duplo blocks switch from Lego to Duplo?

(...) Hi Cynthia, While I don't know exactly when the bricks began saying DUPLO inside the studs (my guess is the late 80's), from what I understand they have switched back to saying LEGO once again (this appears to have been happening gradually (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.duplo)

old, bricks
(score: 4.026)

  Re: Eeeek! New Milk Float!

Thomas Main <main@appstate.edu> wrote in message news:37DFC02C.554DC4...ate.edu... (...) I've started doing something like that. I noticed there was a slight gap between the folds of cardboard at one end. I've found I can reversibly bend the box a (...) (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

old, bricks
(score: 4.026)

  Re: Do you separate old vs. new LEGO?

Gary Istok wrote (...) Yes, especially since I wasn't that careful in taking care of my Lego as a child, so it is noticeably scratched up. I do this for the exact same reason, when I build something I want it to look clean and consistent, and those (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.build)

old, bricks
(score: 4.026)

  Help with part ? from 540, also FOTW

I found a pristine, 100% complete 570 (fire station, flag stickers were unapplied except the American flag which is on the flag), 540 (Swiss villa) and 386 (basic set) at a garage sale this weekend. The boxes and pieces looked like I just bought the (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.general)

old, bricks
(score: 4.026)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Shame your discussion didn't take off. I for one think that the old bricks we're of a much higher quality than the new ones. I noticed this when I ordered a pack of bulk grey bricks. When built into a wall it didn't seem flat as if their we're (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

old, bricks
(score: 4.026)

  Re: Appraisal of Old Style Lego

(...) Rachel, Do they all say "LEGO" on the studs? Most of the 1949-56 Lego does not, 1957-present does. The 1x6 and 1x8 beams without posts (as they are known versus the tubes on the 2x bricks) were made that way until 1964 (until 1970 in some (...) (20 years ago, 21-Nov-04, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

old, bricks
(score: 4.025)

  Re: LegoLand figures/cars/landscape question

(...) I was told that the buildings, ships, etc. are replaced about every two years. I don't know how accurate this is because I'm pretty sure some of the buildings in Legoland CA have not been replaced since it opened. Anyway, when it's time to (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.legoland)

old, bricks
(score: 4.025)

  Re: Fun OLD Bricks/History questions

(...) And I won't disappoint you, Alan! The named beams without LEGO on the studs are circa 1955-57. I have a few 1x6 white beams (some with names, some without) that don't have the LEGO logo. The (hollow bottom) named beams with the logo were from (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

old, bricks
(score: 4.025)

  Re: My forestmen loss

(...) Very good points! Especially when working with white. It is amazing that most of my biggest bricks (1x10 and bigger) are always off color and can make a really nice project look terrible. I soak my Lego and then scrub them all with a (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

old, bricks
(score: 4.025)

  Re: The Bar Does Not Go Down

In lugnet.dear-lego, Anthony Sava wrote: lots of good points and rambling snipped (...) I agree with most of your post, but I must take issue with this. I'm 40, and I got my first LEGO as a gift in 1969 or 1970 (that's the only one I still have the (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

old, bricks
(score: 4.024)

  Re: Quality issue - update

(...) OK so I just went to my box of childhood LEGO (circa 1970-80) to check this out. Discounting the CA bricks which have known deterioration problems, I put together 4 stacks of 10 ABS bricks, 2 red and 2 white. I made sure I picked out the "best (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jul-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.color, lugnet.general, FTX)

old, bricks
(score: 4.024)

More:  Next Page >>