 Dear LEGO / 4576
4575  |  4577
Subject:
New Grays and bulk bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 02:36:50 GMT

Having seen the "new" grays for the first time, I'm not that annoyed with the
"light" gray color.  The variation is "cooler" than the old light gray but not
that different.  Just as older light grays exposed to sunlight take on a
slightly "yellowish" "warmer" tinge, these are slightly cooler.  Overall, the
variation is minor and not distractingly noticeable. I'd mix these in with older
bricks in a castle.

On the other hand, the "dark gray" is VERY different and not really compatable
with stocks of old bricks.  Unless you are going for a deliberately "mixed"
pallette construction, I wouldn't try to use these with the old dark gray color.

SPeaking of "bulk" sales - I visited the Lego Store at Palisades Mall. Spent far
too much...lol.  Lots of neat colors but with limited selection.  New light
yellow 2x4's teal 1x2's and pink and more..... The bulk sales of bricks - by the
cup - is a good idea BUT:

Prices seem high for "ordinary bricks" (2x4, 1x4, etc.) at 12.95 for a large
soft drink style cup. Not my choice for a container. Would actually prefer by
weight - as in Legoland.  While there were some interesting - and usuually hard
to find colors and pieces, it would be more interesting (and useful) if a wider
range were available (and on a predictable basis). Seems like a natural for
SAH.......c'mon.  What is the overhead to run and package bricks once the
categories and pick n pack procedures are in place?

This goes back to my previous point - roof tiles are of limited use if you can
ONLY get 2x4 pieces or 2x2 pieces - without peaks.  It seems like bulk bricks
focus on even number studs.  Frankly, I'm getting low on 1x1's and 1x3's. Hard
to build things when supplies are so unpredictible.

Again, my call for bulk tubs......Technic, castle, space.....