 Dear LEGO / 4577
Re: New Grays and bulk bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 12:46:41 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, John Heins wrote:

<snipped lots of stuff that I agree with...>

The bulk sales of bricks - by the cup - is a good idea BUT:

Prices seem high for "ordinary bricks" (2x4, 1x4, etc.) at 12.95 for a large
soft drink style cup. Not my choice for a container. Would actually prefer by
weight - as in Legoland.

Actually, the prices LEGO charges in their by-weight locations have proven to be
somewhat higher than the Pick-a-Brick cups, even if you don't pack the cups.
That's right-- scoop up a cup of loose 2x4s at PaB and you're getting a better
deal than paying by weight for the same bricks at LLCA.  And if you take the
time to pack the cups you can get an even better deal.

Sure, Pick-a-Brick is about 4 times as expensive per basic brick as a 3033 or
4400 tub, but you can choose exactly what you're getting, and you can fill the
empty spaces with lots of small parts.  The selection of pieces on any given day
may be limited, but they will cycle a lot of different parts through there over
time.  I've already stocked up on a lot of great pieces in the few short months
since LEGO Retail opened its stores in Massachusetts.

Long live Pick-a-Brick!

- Chris.