 General / 44005
Re: Is it that big a deal??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:08:35 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ken Nagel wrote:

Uhhhhhh . . . if there are like 100 + colors, what are we angry about??

Yes, it’s a big deal. LEGO has been a rock. The bricks today still mate with the bricks that say PAT PENDING. The 1st red is today’s red.

Actually, today’s red is much different than ‘70s red. This color shocked me when I exited my dark ages and compared my ‘60s-‘80s bricks with my ‘90s+. The old bricks are a deep rich color while the new ones are brighter and more transparent.

Part of this is due to the thick walls the bricks used to have versus the thin walls with ridges grasping studs we now have. Sure that was a cost cutting measure but it left me with the impression bricks were being cheapened.

I also remember mushing these new bricks together. It was too easy and made me think they were about to fall apart again. Bricks were not meant to ooze together, they were meant to click or snap together. If the studs change again, it would not suprise me as I can show you 3 distinct stud shapes in my current collection.

Doug