 Marketplace / Auctions / 8938
Re: Another great find!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 01:17:11 GMT

Kevin Salm wrote:
As old and as excellent as these parts are, however, I do not consider them any
more valuable than any other Lego part.  I mean a 2 x 4 brick is a 2 x 4 brick
no matter how old it is, right??  I am simply amazed at how excellent these
pieces all are--they make my 25 year old Lego pieces look very poor (and they
have always been carefully handled and sorted).

The one kind of old brick which might have a noticeable different value
would the the original tubeless bricks. I'm not sure I'd pay much for
them, but I do now have some in my collection, though few of them are
really useable due to warping (but the white bricks are for the most
part nice and white - I think CA white doesn't discolor as easily). The
old bricks with the window slots might be worth even a tad more. I hope
to one day win a lot of those bricks and windows just for some different
windows.

Frank