  Search Results: brasso
 Results 241 – 260 of 349.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: 6198 Sting Ray Stormer 37% off at Amazon

(...) AFAIK (and I've been looking for a while) no set has ever used 14x14 bottoms. From looking at the MF pictures again, it looks like they're 10x10s simply "moved apart" far enough to give the proper outside diameter; this would explain why the (...) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

brasso
(score: 0.167)

  Re: Yellow train door sets

(...) if there is ANYONE that has train doors with stripes of whatever color that was thinking of taking Brasso to them... STOP! Chances are, almost no matter what color you have, I have the same door without the stripe and I will trade you for it, (...) (25 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

brasso
(score: 0.166)

  Re: All hail Brasso!

Please I am dying to see if Brasso is as good as everyone says, but I am to chicken to try it myself. Has anyone made a picture comparing a brassoed (excuse me while I verb) tile to a new tile. If you have I would love to see it. If you need a place (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.166)

  Re: Yellow train door sets

(...) I have a pair of yellow doors with the red stripe on the bottom that I picked up somewhere and yes they are a yellow door, but the red on the bottom is printed on (it's not a sticker.) However I'm sure it would easily come off with Brasso. (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.166)

  Re: Time cruisers or Time losers? (was:Re: Pirate/castle helmet...)

(...) *there*... :-) They have all of the sets at the Virginia LEGO Outlet store, I got a few at a pretty good discount. They still have a bunch if you ever wander down this way. =) I hated the sets when they came out during my dark ages, they just (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.166)

  Re: Time cruisers or Time losers? (was:Re: Pirate/castle helmet...)

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes: <snip> (...) Well... what other sets are left, then? I mean, there's only about one more set that's over $10, that you don't "sort-of" like. So basically you just sort-of like all the sets, but dislike the theme (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.166)

  Re: All hail Brasso!

The clouding up is actually supposed to happen. If you read the directions, you are supposed to apply it and then buff it off after it dries. It is intended mainly as a polish, but we happen to use it to clean and remove dirt and other stuff. (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.166)

  All hail Brasso!

Man, when I think of the amount of time I spent on the ufo quarter circles, with rubbing alcohol and gum erasers, and Brasso would have taken the decal of in 2-3 minutes. I have tried it, and it works great! I would not use Q-Tips, though. I tried (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.165)

  Re: All hail Brasso!

Robert M. Dye wrote: [snip] (...) When I tried it on some clear pieces it removed the fine scratches OK, but it left the pieces cloudier than they previously were. Does anyone have any solution to this problem? /Eric McCarthy/ (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.165)

  Re: All hail Brasso!

Did you wash them with soap and water afterwards? I had a sense there was an oily resdiue on them, so I wshed them. (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.165)

  Re: Dragon Lore

(...) Dawn over the Dark Lord's castle... "Whot's tha' bloody row about?" "It's the dragon. 'E's singing, sir." "Ave Maria it is, sir." "Right. You lot o' slackers go o'er to the forestmen's hang-out and do a bit o' pillaging." "But, Sir Dark, we've (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

brasso
(score: 0.165)

  Brasso works great for cleaning and graphics removal!

I recently posted a question on how to clean old LEGO parts and remove graphics from new ones. The universal answer was to use Brasso. I picked some up and it worked great on clear and non-clear pieces. Here are the results: White, Juniorized 1x1x5 (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.165)

  Re: Brasso works great for cleaning and graphics removal!

I just did three old space police windshields. These are 4-studs wide, clear-green, about 5 studs high, say "space police" with bars and bow outwards and then back in. I had felt these parts would be useless forever. After polishing them and (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.165)

  Re: Brasso works great for cleaning and graphics removal!

(...) hey brad ~ sounds like you did a great job! the residual pattern that others mentioned means that a bit more rubbing needs to be done, i think. i use an old t-shirt rather than cotton balls though. later ~ craig~ (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.165)

  Brasso does the trick pt. II

It works best if you use cotton balls in conjuction with it. It will leave a slight pattern but it's better than having all that silly-looking paint all over the place! Dave Brad Hamilton <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.165)

  Brasso does the trick!

Brad Hamilton <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message news:FqvqAz.LJo@lugnet.com... (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.165)

  Re: less messy getting rid of the print on minifigs

Brasso... or any petroleum based (non pumice) hand cleaner used for cleaning greasy hands. GoJo and Fast Orange used to make something like this- I'm not sure if they still do. Turpentine also works... EC (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.build.minifigs)

brasso
(score: 0.165)

  Re: Cleaning discolored white bricks

Hey, I'm no expert! I just got some Brasso about a week ago. It does take a long time, but a half hour is WAY too long. I found that you have to use a CLEAN surface. If its dirty, it doesn't seem to work. I started with a rag, but it got crap all (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.165)

  Re: less messy getting rid of the print on minifigs

Hi CJ, (...) Well, the Xacto does leave marks. It's probably most useful for small, detailed removals and not total-print remover. (For example, for taking off a microphone off the Jet face the Xacto is excellent.) <snip> (...) Brasso works well (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.build.minifigs)

brasso
(score: 0.165)

  Re: Cleaning discolored white bricks

Brad, let me get this straight. You're saying it's better to put a coat of brasso on, let it dry, then wipe it off the brick? That takes out the discoloration faster? What would you use for the tops of the bricks to get in between the stubs? (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.165)

More:  Next Page >>