  Search Results: Mindstorms redownload firmware
 Results 61 – 80 of about 14000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Something else is needed, I think...

(...) two radically different premises -- the former requiring nothing beyond the hardware, the latter requiring the hardware and an acknowledgeably limited firmware. It would seem to me that what lies exactly in the middle is something which (...) (25 years ago, 2-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.599)

  Re: Something else is needed, I think...

(...) ^^^...^^^ That is exactly the point that I was trying to make. (...) Again, though, such a system would bear the incredible weight of having a full-blown C/C++ cross-compiler and linking system as being part of the package. Making legos (...) (25 years ago, 2-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.596)

  group lugnet.robotics.rcx created

[Crossposted to lugnet.robotics & lugnet.announce; followups set to lugnet.robotics & lugnet.robotics.rcx] All right -- better late than never... A new group lugnet.robotics.rcx has been created, and is there now for anyone wants to jump in and use (...) (25 years ago, 7-May-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.596)

  RE: Something else is needed, I think...(long)

(...) I think there IS a bridge, and it's pbFORTH (and since I wrote it I like it :) Here is why I think the current pbFORTH is like the bridge you describe: 1. You don't need the GNU compiler set up to use pbFORTH. I used it to originally write (...) (25 years ago, 2-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.595)

  RE: Something else is needed, I think...

(...) If we are going to the trouble of new bytecode, then we need a new compiler. If we design a new compiler, then what language will it be? Yes, we could use C as the base and compile to pcode which is essentially what NQC does if I'm not (...) (25 years ago, 3-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.595)

  Re: Some comments (long) (was: Something else is needed, I think...)

Kekoa Proudfoot wrote in message ... (...) Do you think it would be possible with improved firmware to support inline H8 code embedded in a user program? For example, a special byte code could indicate that the following code should be executed (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.595)

  Some clarification

(...) I was not suggesting creating a potential for an L&F lawsuit from Lego by duplicating their Mindstorms product for Windows or some other PC platform, I was suggesting imitating the look & feel of their firmware on the RCX itself. (Not that I (...) (25 years ago, 8-May-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.595)

  RE: Something else is needed, I think...

(...) Do NOT underestimate the amount of work we are talking about. I took a working version of hFORTH for the PC and ported a few machine specific definitions and rewrote the IO drivers and debugged and tested using GNU tools, and I have 80 hours (...) (25 years ago, 3-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.595)

  FW: Something else is needed, I think...

-----Original Message----- From: Ralph Hempel [mailto:rhempel@bmts.com] Sent: Monday, May 03, 1999 7:07 PM To: Mark Tarrabain Subject: RE: Something else is needed, I think... (...) The FORTH bytecode producer is an UMBILICAL forth, and then you (...) (25 years ago, 3-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.595)

  FW: New pbFORTH

-----Original Message----- From: John Cooper [mailto:robots@jpsc.co.uk] Sent: Friday, May 07, 1999 11:07 AM To: Ralph Hempel Subject: Re: New pbFORTH (...) OK, will do. (...) Yes, on the surface. People always want to improve on things in their own (...) (25 years ago, 11-May-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.593)

  FW: New pbFORTH

-----Original Message----- From: Ralph Hempel [mailto:rhempel@bmts.com] Sent: Friday, May 07, 1999 9:19 AM To: robots@jpsc.co.uk Subject: RE: New pbFORTH (...) I really don't know, John. I'll have to experiment a bit too :-) I've gotten really (...) (25 years ago, 11-May-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.593)

  Tips on getting Mindstorms to work with NT4?

Hello, I'm new to using LEGO/Mindstorms. I've been trying to get Mindstorms to work on my Windows NT4 sp3 system with only limited success. I can install and run the software. The Trouble Shooter reports that RCX is working and my IR transmitter is (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.590)

  Re: Help with 9738 LEGO Mindstorms Remote Control

Dave's reply is right on the mark, but I also want to point out that if you have downloaded a non-MindStorms O.S. to the RCX (i.e. any firmware other than the standard LEGO MindStorms firmware) the remote might not work either. I haven't tried any (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.589)

  Re: Fun with MindStorms Rotational Sensors

(...) It _is_ my field (I do control system research), but I won't go into great depth - I don't think this is the right forum! I've tried this too - and it sort of worked (using just proportional feedback I can control a shaft's position _fairly_ (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.589)

  [FAQ: MindStorms, version mrob19990712]

So far I have answered all the questions except the programming section, section 3. Feedback is welcome. LEGO MindStorms FAQ version 19990712, by Robert Munafo Based on outline originally submitted to LUGNET by Kerry Garrison (kerryg@deltanet.com) (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.589)

  Re: Help with 9738 LEGO Mindstorms Remote Control

(...) Robolab uses the same firmware as Mindstorms RIS, so the remote should work fine. Same goes for NQC. (...) You can write programs in NQC (also in RCX Code or Robolab) that respond to IR Messages. These messages can be sent from another RCX, (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.587)

  Announcement: OnScreen Programming for Legos RCX

(URL) readme.txt (ASCII version of web page, note some of the content reads especially better on the web, or using a fixed spaced font): OnScreen Programming version 1.0 for Lego Mindstorms Once installing this system, the Lego Mindstorms RCX can be (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.586)

  Re: Mindstorms RIS RCX problem

The problem is that each tone is queued into a buffer and the firmware automatically processes the next intruction in the program. Since the next instruction is another tone, the queue starts filling faster than can be processed, since each tone (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.585)

  Re: Tips on getting Mindstorms to work with NT4?

Hi Richard, I am using the same environment you describe with no problems at all. I only used the RIS for a couple programs before I started using RCXCC. IMHO it is the best development platform for windows users. Have you verified that the firmware (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.584)

  [MindStorms FAQ 1.7 What are some common terms I will see in the Mindstorms mailing list?]

This item includes a few more definitions which I have added, and the headers are boldfaced. The rest is left unchanged. Subject: 1.7 What are some common terms I will see in the Mindstorms mailing list? Topic-Level: 1 Content-Language: en (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.580)

More:  Next Page >>