 Robotics / RCX / 6
5  |  7
Subject:
Some clarification
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sat, 8 May 1999 21:50:08 GMT

Mark Tarrabain wrote:

    I would hope that the new system would look and feel *EXACTLY* like
the RIS firmware in terms of end-user observable behavior when no new
features are being exploited (the internal behaviour is likely to be
different, of course).

I was not suggesting creating a potential for an L&F lawsuit from Lego
by duplicating their Mindstorms product for Windows or some other PC
platform, I was suggesting imitating the look & feel of their firmware
on the RCX itself. (Not that I particularly think L&F lawsuits are
productive in the first place.  I really can't see TLG trying to do
something like that anyways, particularly over an endeavor that is going
to be freely available.)

Mark