 Trains / 5204
Re: First draft of the Lego-Modular Train layout standards posted..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 00:19:47 GMT

I'm not sure that we've really set a hard top yet.  By guess is that 14 will
be probably the high end, mostly because the tunnels start to look really
silly if they need to let through cars that are taller than that.  A lot of
that will depend on how poor the tunnels look at higher clearances.

-john

In lugnet.trains, Robert Green writes:
Is there going to be a standard size car/rolling stock standard?
i.e.,clearance on all tracks for something 8x44x14  (or whatever)

8x44 but I am not sure about the height. John Kelly?

Note that 8x44 allows 7xM and 6xN (where N>M>44) due to curve effects, • although
I am not quite sure what the values of M and N are. That's why I personally am
pleased to see layouts switching to 8 wide standards, it gives more room for • my
longerish 6 wide creations.

++Lar