 Trains / 5186
Re: First draft of the Lego-Modular Train layout standards posted..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:44:42 GMT

Mike Poindexter wrote:

If they come to me and tell me that I can't call my Lego train layout that
has about a half-million of their bricks in it and costs tens of thousands
of dollars a Lego-modular layout, I will retort that they would prefer it to
a Megablock-modular layout.  Their protect the brand name crusade is getting
silly in some instances.  God forbid that people will mistake Suzanne's
Legopolis site as an official Lego site - it would be much better to have it
featuring porn.

I'm certainly not up on all the intricacies of trademark law, but I
would think that there is a difference between what you use to describe
your layout, and the name applied to a published standard. I'm just
suggesting that this issue be looked at before TLC Legal has an
opportunity to get in a dither about it.

Frank

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
Mike Poindexter wrote:

The preliminary page for Lego-modular standards is up at:
http://www.sirius.com/~latha/lego/modules/standards.htm

Looks good, but one thing which just struck me is TLC's protectiveness
of it's trademarks. We probably should either get permission to name the
standard LEGO-Modular, or find a different name (but maybe I'm all wet).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com

--