 Trains / 5192
Re: First draft of the Lego-Modular Train layout standards posted..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 17:27:06 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mike Poindexter writes:
It would seem very silly to have their legal department crack down on a
couple of their biggest[1] individual customers.

Mike

[1]  I would put Conan as #1, but I don't think I even fit into the top 10.
I think I sell as much as Frank Filz buys and I am sure there are bigger
fish than me, but I don't know how many that would be.  Maybe I am a top
buyer, but I don't know.  Just curious and not trying to fill some machismo
need.

I don't know who buys the most LEGO, or who has the most LEGO - but I think we
can safely say that there are some pretty huge collections being represented
on LUGNET and especially here in .TRAINS!

If LEGO (the company) doesn't realize how much goodwill a LEGO Train Club
creates every time they do a show, then all hope is lost...  We are the best
advertising they could ever want, and we do it because we love it.

*Maybe* someday LEGO will do something for us in return...  (Bulk orders,
perhaps?)  Wouldn't that be nice??  <sigh>

JohnG, GMLTC