 Trains / 5193
Re: First draft of the Lego-Modular Train layout standards posted..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 17:35:18 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Stephen F. Roberts writes:
...We are using table top layouts based loosely on the PNLTC standard. An
observation I have is using incremental brick heights between the two
different table heights. PNLTC (and WAMALUG) use 36 5/8" as 'ground level'
while the proposed standard uses 29 3/4" + 10 bricks as ground level (33
11/16"). That's nearly 8 bricks difference (1 brick ~1 cm), and
unfortunately, this does not come out to a clean number of bricks so it would
be exceedingly difficult to marry the two together in a pure fashion.

There are two 'standard' heights:
29 3/4" table + baseplate + 10 bricks + 1 plate
29 3/4" table + baseplate + 22 bricks + 1 plate
(extra plate is used to represent 'ballast' under the tracks)

The higher one should be close to PNLTC / WAMALUG table height, or at least
closer than the lower one.

The proposed GMLTC layout will have both heights, so if someday we do a show
with another club we should be able to work our layouts together...

JohnG, GMLTC