 Trains / 5177
Re: First draft of the Lego-Modular Train layout standards posted..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:53:49 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.trains, Mike Poindexter writes:
The preliminary page for Lego-modular standards is up at:
http://www.sirius.com/~latha/lego/modules/standards.htm

In the near future, I plan to post pictures detailing how the lattice
structure is made from 2x4 bricks as well as the optional 2x6 style.

Over time, I will document all stages of module construction and show all
the building techniques to speed up putting these things together, including
easy ways to install roads in towns, control boxes, etc.

The building instructions are not up yet, as I need to make some more
examples on the modules I have at home for pictures.

Mike Poindexter
BayLTC

So a module is defined as 144 x 96 studs according to your page which is
a 2x3 grid of 48x48 stud baseplates, cool.  The only problem I saw with the
page is that you are using the terms 'wide' and 'deep' to discuss size
but haven't really defined them.  Actually, you did, but it seemed backwards
to what I know of the modules.  So a normal, standard module will have two
baseplates or three baseplates on the side facing the crowd?

Paul (at work)