 Trains / 31067
Re: Converting an Emerald Night to run on 9 volt track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 2009 17:09:35 GMT

Jordan Bradford wrote:

I've thought about using a 9V motor, too, and personally I'd use it as one of
the trucks on a passenger car, as close to the engine as possible so that it's
still pulling the majority of the train's weight -- assuming you add more cars.
The 9V motor can't really replace anything on the engine because it won't fit
where the pilot and trailing wheels are, and it obviously can't be used in place
of the drive wheels because then the pistons won't work. Using the motor as the
base of the tender is a possibility, but you'll have to modify the tender.

On another note, will the new PF stuff work with my "old" RC train
controller?  As noted previously, the one I ordered is not expected
until April - or I could shell out on eBay/Bricklink.  Also, has anyone
tried to use an "IR blaster" or similar with any of the RC stuff?