 Trains / 31054
Re: Converting an Emerald Night to run on 9 volt track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 2009 04:43:49 GMT

Larry Simpson wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Peter Abrahamson wrote:

Why can't a 9v engine unit be attached to the Emerald Knight engine when being
built like the traditional ones?  Does it have to do with the drive system on
the pistons and wheels?

Well, I haven't opened mine yet, so this isn't for sure, but a 9V motor
really doesn't fit with the wheel configuration on the engine without
severe changes.  It could be put on the tender, although that has 8
wheels, so you'd have to change the wheel configuration there - contrast
for example with 7750, where the tender is built around the motor - or
make the tender perhaps longer for it to look sensible.