 Trains / 31056
Re: Converting an Emerald Knight to run on 9 volt track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 2009 14:52:46 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Larry Simpson wrote:

   Please, please, PLEASE excuse this neophyte for such a simple question...

Never, never, NEVER apologize for asking a question in this forum, Larry!

We are all here to share information and promote the LEGO train hobby. There’s no room for elitism here!

<snip>

   Why can’t a 9v engine unit be attached to the Emerald Knight engine when being built like the traditional ones? Does it have to do with the drive system on the pistons and wheels?

The EN is a push train-- it doesn’t come with a motor. One can motorize it with the PF motor, or one can simply push it with a 9 volt motor in the tender or elsewhere. So, to answer your question-- it can.

JOHN