 Trains / 31011
Re: Converting an Emerald Knight to run on 9 volt track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 2009 07:20:24 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Peter Abrahamson wrote:
Now this is my first stab at this conversion with the trains. I am sure that
many of the hardcore LEGO train builders have done something like this or
handled it far more elegantly than I did. I do plan on trying to make a single
boggy with steel wheels and electrical pick-ups, but this will require a bit of
machining of the single axle train wheel assembly.

I've seen some power pickups made out of a normal train wheel covered in metal
tape. But I would assume there are metal model railroad wheels out there that
could be forced on to a technic axle or something similar. A bit more drag, but
if it is only one axle, so what. Still need brushes for pickup.

Keep us posted about any progress in that direction.

Benn

PS, Peter N., where did you get that discount code for target?

PPS, The EN is still available and on sale for 88.62 at amazon with free
shipping.