 Trains / 28823
Re: 6-wide Canadian Pacific GE ES44AC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 22:39:57 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Chris van Lottum wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:

well well done. the model is seemingly simple but well executed. i think my only gripe would be your stickers. try putting clear box tape over your stickers before you cut them and apply them to your engine. this emulates the shineyness of lego stickers and tends to make printed colors match better.

ondrew

p.s the trick isin’t mine it’s something i learned from brian willams..

Thanks for the tip Ondrew, I was disapointed with the stickers my ink jet produced. I am going to try using one of the laser copiers at my work at some point as I had a much better (and shinier) match to the LEGO colours.

Chris

An alternative is inkjet vinyl sticker sheet, avaialbe in clear and white. I find that this gives as good a look as official stickers, but the ink can be smudges with careless handling. The stuff I use is made by Folex.

Tim