 Trains / 25270
Re: Trolley
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2005 21:09:43 GMT

James Mathis wrote:
In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
I began building a version of James' trolley (mine shall be a white
{ambassador trolley}) and found an issue attaching the upside down
train rail in
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1230549 Step 6
here>.  We found that the studs from the train railing and the studs
from the <http://peeron.com/inv/parts/4263 this technic element>
touched, thus preventing a secure attachment.  Did you find this to
be the case?

(To solve it, we replaced the 1x4 technic plate with
<http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/32063 this piece>, attached the
train rail to that and called it a day:-)

John,

Thanks for catching this fault in the construction.
I failed to notice this error.  And, I don't like it.  Rather
embarrassing.

I've seen many a construction get bitten by the fact that a stud is ever so
slightly taller than 1/2 plate (and it's the stud itself, not the logo - my
simple test for height differences is to match two pieces and then run my
fingernail across, if it gets caught, there's a height difference).

Does LDraw correctly model the height of the stud? Of course you wouldn't
necessarily notice the error even then.

Frank