 Trains / 18286
Re: Getting diagonal track to line up properly?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 18:33:34 GMT

Thanks for the great follow up, Paul.

In lugnet.trains, Paul S. D'Urbano writes:

I did use the compact cross-over in this other one to get this "folded"
figure-eight to fit on my table.  Notice the odd spurs I'm stuck with in
order to funnel the track into the cross-track.  Not too pretty, but it is
the longest loop I've found for my table, in terms of time that elapses
until the train returns to where it started.

I wanted to comment on this one in particular because it's particularly
devious! It REALLY stretches what's possible and shows a good understanding
of the compact crossover geometry relationships. Nice work!