 Trains / 11855
Re: New Train Sets #10013 and #10014
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 23:12:47 GMT

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" wrote:

10013 - 121pcs, $16.99
3737 - 15pics, $14.99

Gee, that shows how much overpriced 3737 is (or that 10013 is underpriced).

There is an unfortunate critical difference though. 3737 includes a 6x28
train base where 100013 uses a 6x24.

It's interesting that most sets which come with 8 wheel cars use the
6x24 base, though 4565 has two of each. So far, as far as I can see for
recent sets, 3737 is the only source of black 6x28 bases. I discovered
the critical difference the other night when I was putting together a
7715 and 7719 from parts. I had to go with red bases (but I've now got
some 3737s on order to fix this). Both of those cars would be awkward to
shrink.

Frank