 Trains / 11838
Re: New Train Sets #10013 and #10014
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 17:07:14 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes:
Robin Werner wrote:

(log flat)
http://shop.lego.com/images/products/TYPE10/set384x288us010013.jpg

eh, it is OK. The ends are on backwards (in my mind the tall support things
should slope inwards and be square on the inside edge).

Indeed. like this:

http://www.miltontrainworks.com/item_info.html#MTW-1002-rd

But their previous sets got it wrong too, I think... consider the car in 4565.

(2) These aren't "normal" train sets. It
seems that LEGO direct is interested in LEGO trains, but LEGO (normal) isn't.
Unless models like the caboose are included in the LEGO catalogues that go >into
the regular models I worry that a lot of potential buyers will be missed. So,
the train line will not sell as well as it could, and LEGO "normal" will
continue to neglect trains.

True. However LD is showing that they can expand their line nicely. Just as
we hoped they would. I'll settle for that, as long as LD makes their
numbers, we will get more.

Although I think these are a bit cuter than I prefer I will be buying
multiple copies of all of them, partly to keep my 9V line complete, and
partly because they have great parts at good (relative to other sets) price
points.

Color me excited.