 Technic / 9902
Re: baby walker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 07:05:16 GMT

Very cool!

Thanks for trying out the design for me, I would have worked on it myself,
but I'm glad you could help me out. I'm wondering, did the design with 7
pieces get its foot totally off the ground?
Actually no, the double bent liftarm has no point where it balances perfectly.

I think lego is actually making
a two-long liftarm now, but I used the closest thing I had.
yes, http://peeron.com/inv/parts/43857 (but I've none yet!)

I'm also
wondering if it would be okay with you if I used some of your pictures for
my gallery at brickshelf, since I can't take any right now.

Sure you can !!!

I was just thinking about the design and that I would really like to have it
lift its foot off the ground, and I think I have something. I think that a
1x7 liftarm with an 18 long flex tube would be a touch smaller and allow the
foot to clear the ground. The diameter of the flex tube is slightly smaller
than the flexible axle and I don't think the motor would bump it. Please let
me know if it works, and I don't mean to bother you.

Yes it works, but to rise the foot completely you have to add the bottom
motor part. I had a completely lifting foot using the 5 pieces design by
replacing the flex axle with a 29L flex tube (thats a bigfoot!!!), the added
weight compensate better 1x7 liftarm weight.

Philo
www.philohome.com