 Technic / 9884
Re: baby walker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 2003 17:56:16 GMT

...and then they were five...

The 1x7 liftarm is a bit short and the motor bumps against the flexible axle.
So I used a 1x9 (7+2) to be low enough, and I could remove Micromotor bottom.
I used a 1x2 liftarm with plate only for aestetical reasons...

Photos:
http://www.philohome.com/misc/monopod5a.jpg
http://www.philohome.com/misc/monopod5b.jpg
http://www.philohome.com/misc/monopod5c.jpg
Small QuickTime movie:
http://www.philohome.com/misc/monopod5b.mov (200KB)

I guess it will be hard to get a lower part count ;o)

Philo
www.philohome.com

Cool! I figured that the stiffness of the wire would help. I guess I'll call
it Shorty ,as it's only a little over an inch tall :). Now I've just got to
get that micro motor ordered so I can try it out myself. I'm wondering if
you could try out a slightly different design for me. It wouldn't use the
block under the motor (because as you said, the wire helps more than it
does) and it would use a 1x7 bent liftarm connected to a 16 long flexible
axle or flex hose of similar length. You could try it without a brick under
the motor or with a 2x2 plate there. If you could let me know how it works
out, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

jrl