 Technic / 9893
Re: baby walker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 2003 22:19:41 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Philippe Hurbain writes:
...and then they were five...

The 1x7 liftarm is a bit short and the motor bumps against the flexible axle.
So I used a 1x9 (7+2) to be low enough, and I could remove Micromotor bottom.
I used a 1x2 liftarm with plate only for aestetical reasons...

Photos:
http://www.philohome.com/misc/monopod5a.jpg
http://www.philohome.com/misc/monopod5b.jpg
http://www.philohome.com/misc/monopod5c.jpg
Small QuickTime movie:
http://www.philohome.com/misc/monopod5b.mov (200KB)

I guess it will be hard to get a lower part count ;o)

Philo
www.philohome.com

Very cool!

Thanks for trying out the design for me, I would have worked on it myself,
but I'm glad you could help me out. I'm wondering, did the design with 7
pieces get its foot totally off the ground? I think lego is actually making
a two-long liftarm now, but I used the closest thing I had. I'm also
wondering if it would be okay with you if I used some of your pictures for
my gallery at brickshelf, since I can't take any right now.

Thanks again,

jrl