 Robotics / 20513
Re: Son of Walker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 08:39:07 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Darin Johnson writes:
OK, last time I saw one of these mini-walkers, I got excited and
printed a picture, went home, and tried to build it.  After squinting
and experimenting I had to conclude that there were at least three
non-RIS parts being used.  I did eventually get something that almost
worked, but the stride was way too large. • .>
So...  Is there a way to build a mini-walker using only RIS parts?

Absolutely, I've built a few little walkers using only parts from RIS 1.5
(2.0 has the same pieces also) they're not quite as small as you can get if
you pick parts from an unlimited selection, but they're pretty small. If a
good number of people want to know how to make one of these, I might put
some pics and/or instructions for one on my page on Brickshelf.

-jrl