 Technic / 12211
Re: Hex363
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:32:50 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
  I pleased to announce my newest pneumatic walker, hex363.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/phd/p3180016.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/phd/p3180020.jpg

http://www.kclague.net/hex363/hex363.MOV

Hex363 is similar in pneumatic circuit design to Quad242
(http://www.kclague.net/Quad242/index.htm)

  [snip]

  hex363 is the most complicated pneumatic design I've ever created.

  PLMKWYT,

   I think you're a very scary man, Kevin.

   That walker is absolutely *brilliant*.  I don't normally
   check out the .technic or .robotics side of things, but
   today I'm very glad I did.  That is absolutely incredible--
   and not least of the achievements is keeping it looking so
   very nice.  The design is very sound--how robust is it?
   Have you tried getting it to bear a load on its back (as
   the triangular foot groups and internal center of gravity
   might allow)?  It seems like it would be very sure-footed
   generally.  How does it handle inclines or obstacles?

   Just wow.  Wow.

   all best

   LFB